Search form

Search all BPS schools

Click here on any page for easy access to the

You are here

Health Services

Kari Miller, BSN, RN, PHN, LSN
Licensed School Nurse

Photo of Kim Syde
Kim Syde, LPN
Health Associate

The Health Office at Kennedy High School is open during school hours.
The nurses are available to see students for illnesses, provide first aid, give medications and answer health questions.  A parent or guardian will be notified when a student is unable to remain in school due to an injury or illness.
If a student has a contagious illness such as pink eye, strep throat or a fever over 100° F, a student is required to leave school. In the event of an injury, school personnel will administer first aid. Parents are expected to provide transportation for further medical assessment or treatment. In the event of a life threatening illness or injury 911 will be contacted.

Medications at School

If a student needs daily or occasional medication at school for headaches, stomach aches, etc., a student will need both a doctor's order and parent consent. Medications are provided by the parent and must be in the original container. All medications are to be kept in the Health Office. If possible, medications should be given at home.


MN Department of Health Immunization Information link

In order to attend school in Minnesota, students must show that they are in compliance with Minnesota State immunization requirements. A copy of the student's immunization record must be on file at school. If you are a conscientious objector, a signed notarized statement is required. If a student is medically exempt, a doctor's note is needed. It is recommended that parents/guardians call their student's physician to schedule immunization appointments. For those families without a personal physician or clinic, you may contact the Fairview Pond Center Clinic or Bloomington Public Health.

Physical Education

Physical Education excuses need to be verified by the Health Office before P.E. class. If a student cannot fully participate in P.E. for one to three days, a parent note is necessary. If a student cannot participate for longer than three days, there must be a doctor's note explaining the condition, limitations and the length of limitations. Bring the parent note and doctor's order to the Health Office.

Sports Physicals

Physical examinations filled out on the Minnesota State High School League Physical Examination Form are the only physicals accepted for participation in sports or extracurricular activities. The sports physical is good for three years from the date of the exam and must be signed by the physician. Bloomington School health and sports forms are on the district web site. The sports physical form is filed with the Activities Secertary, Lori Esser. Please call her at 952-681-5012 with any sports physical related questions.

Health Clinic

The Health Commons at Pond Center offers health and wellness care to Bloomington Schools students and families at no cost.

Portico Healthnet

Portico Healthnet is a health and human services organization, provides assistance to students and their families by helping them gain access to health coverage. Second and fourth Thursday of each month, 12:30–5:00 p.m. Phone: 651-603-5100

Crisis Help for Families

Don't know where to turn or where to ask questions? Visit the Crisis Help link for many helpful links.

Bloomington Health Department

Immunizations for those without insurance
1900 West Old Shakopee Road
First & third Tuesdays of every month: 3:15-5:15 p.m.
Phone: 952.563.8900