You are here
Parent Teacher Student Association
When you join JFK’s PTSA, you become a member of the nation’s largest and oldest child advocacy organization, boasting a membership of more than 5 million. Did you know President Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt was one of the first dad’s to join?
Some of National PTA’s accomplishments include:
- Mandating Child Immunizations
- Universal Kindergarten
- Early Endorsement of Juvenile Courts
- Spearheading Federal free and reduced lunch legislation
- Working for and enacting child labor laws
- And more!!!
At JFK our PTSA welcomes EVERYONE, including grandparents, mentors, educators, neighbors, and community leaders. Each year National PTA and Minnesota PTA publish separate public policy priorities and recommendations for Congress. Elected officials including U.S. Presidents frequently ask PTAs opinion on critical issues that impact children and families, thanks in part to the foresight of President Roosevelt.
Please commit to becoming part of the rich legacy of PTA and partner with JFK in our mission to improve the lives of our students and families. JFK students need you more now than ever!!! Membership dues are $10.00 per school year. We accept membership year-round.
2017/2018 Proposed PTSA Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the media center
- Thursday October 12: Our meeting will start with a brief update by Principal Kampa followed by a presentation on "Social Media Safety and Your Teenager" by Officer Porter.
- Thursday November 16
- Thursday December 14
- Thursday January 11
- Thursday March 1
- Thursday April 26
For more information contact, Melissa Riebel, PTSA Staff Liaison at 952-681-5019 or mriebel2